Put a twist on traditional deviled eggs with these Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs made with puréed smoked salmon and goat cheese. They are perfect for Easter or any party!
Welcome to day 3 of #EasterWeek! I’ve teamed up with some of my great food blogging friends to celebrate Easter and my 5 year blogging anniversary with all kinds of delicious recipes! From appetizers to ham recipes, we have everything you need for a great Easter brunch or dinner. Read on below to find out more!
I never met a deviled egg I didn’t love. They are the first thing I go for at parties, and I don’t mind making them for parties, EXCEPT I HATE peeling eggs! I have a bad tendency to under-cook hard boiled eggs to the point that they are cooked enough to be hard-boiled but almost impossible to peel. I must get it right sometimes, because I’ve already shared Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs and Creamy Horseradish Deviled Eggs.
Recently I found a recipe for Easy to Peel Eggs on The Pioneer Woman that calls for the eggs to be started in already boiling water. I always cold started them, but I decided to try it and it works! If there is a little hole in the shell you will lose some of the white in the water, but it hardens so fast that the egg is fine. They peeled much easier. I’ve only done it once this way, so I’ll have to see if it’s consistently easier.
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
For these Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs I used a full 8 ounces of smoked salmon, which means I could really taste it. That’s fine if you love smoked salmon, but if you want to lessen the taste, decrease the amount to 6 ounces to start, purée the assembled filling until no full pieces remain, taste, and then add more and purée again, if desired.
Read on after the recipe to see the other great recipes shared today!
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 6-8 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 ounces goat cheese cut up into pieces
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Carefully peel the eggs then slice each egg in half length-wise with a sharp knife. Remove the yolks by hold face down and pressing up lightly on the whites around the yolk, or work around the yolk with a butter knife until loose.
- Place the yolks in a food processor or blender. Add the smoked salmon, goat cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill. Purée until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Fill the whites with the mixture, using a spoon or by filling a piping bag with a large decorating tip. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Today’s Deliciously Perfect Recipes for Easter:
Green Egg Salad Sandwich from Farm Fresh Feasts
Bourbon Maple Turkey Ham from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Sweet Pineapple Glazed Ham from Making Miracles
Carrot Cake Baked Donuts from Forking Up