This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Cheesy, flavorful, and healthy Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers! These stuffed peppers are filled with ground chicken, traditional Sloppy Joe MANWICH sauce, pumpkin puree, carrots, celery, and Gouda cheese, then topped with cheddar cheese. The result is a delicious, cheesy, and healthy dinner that is simple to make, and great to eat!
Cheesy Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
A lot of what I’ve been cooking recently has been savory, Fall themed, while staying as healthy as possible. Most days I also need my recipes to be fast and easy to make, since by the time my daughter gets off the bus I have under two hours to do dishes and make dinner while dealing with household things (dogs) at the same time. That’s why I like to make my dinners fast and easy with ConAgra products like MANWICH, along with seasonal produce I can easily pick up at Walmart.
The printable recipe is below, but I’d love to show you step-by-step how I made these awesome Cheesy Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers.
First, gather up the ingredients:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, cut bell peppers in half length-wise, remove seeds and membranes, then place them in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes, or until they are just starting to soften. Meanwhile, prepare the Sloppy Joe filling.
Brown the ground chicken, along with finely diced carrots and celery in two tablespoons canola oil,
Then add one can of MANWICH, one cup of pumpkin puree, 2 cups of shredded Gouda cheese, and 2/3 of a cup of water. Mix the water in the emptied can of MANWICH so you get every bit of sauce out. Stir the chicken/MANWICH mixture up, and simmer for a minute or two.
Once the peppers are done pre-baking, fill them with the mixture just to the top of each pepper.
Put the dish back in the oven, and bake for 20-25 more minutes. Remove from the oven and top with cheddar cheese,
Put them back in the oven just until the cheese melts.
Garnish with chopped green onions, and serve.
Do you need more recipe inspiration? Check out all the great #YesYouCAN recipes here! Do you make un-traditional stuffed peppers? I would love for you to tell me how you make them, and if you need another stuffed pepper idea, how does Bacon Burger Stuffed Peppers sound?
- 4 bell peppers any color, various sizes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups finely shredded applewood smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 15- ounce can MANWICH Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- diced scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the bell peppers in half length-wise, remove seeds and membranes. Place in the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until just beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a large rimmed pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken, carrots, and celery, and cook; breaking up the chicken and stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through; drain and return to the stove over medium heat.
- Add the MANWICH, pumpkin puree, Gouda cheese and water to the pan, stir well. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the pre-baked peppers. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the peppers are soft and hot.
- Remove from the oven, top evenly with cheddar cheese. Bake for 5 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven
Note: Baking time and amount of ground chicken filling needed will vary depending on the size of the peppers. Leftover filling can be frozen for later use.