Quick and easy Shrimp and Bell Pepper Skillet with scallions, parsley, and black pepper in a butter sauce served over brown rice.
Shrimp and Bell Pepper Skillet
It is so rare for me to serve something new for dinner that my daughter, Amanda, ends up loving, that when it happens I feel like I need to share it with the world immediately. She’s had shrimp for dinner before, and asked for it last night, but somehow she thought I was going to make shrimp cocktail like we have for holiday dinners. I thought she was going to have a fit when she found out I was cooking the shrimp.
My original plan was for a crunchy baked shrimp, but the dogs and Amanda distracted me and I ran out of time, so I changed plans to shrimp and peppers over rice at the exact time I would normally have dinner ready. It was okay, though, this shrimp and bell pepper skillet was ready about 20 minutes later.
This easy sauteed shrimp was a hit with all of us, even my daughter. Loved it, yes, she loved it! She didn’t eat the sauteed bell peppers because she thought they were spicy peppers. No amount of explaining could convince her otherwise, but other than that, this was a winner all around. I love easy shrimp dinner recipes.
I used boil-in-a-bag brown rice, and started the shrimp skillet cooking at the exact same time the water with the rice started to boil so they were both done at the same time. If you don’t like rice this would be good over thin spaghetti, or serve as sauteed shrimp and peppers with a salad on the side.
Here are some more skillet dinners to try this week:
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled, veins and tails removed
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 tablespoons reduced fat salted butter
- 1 scallion ,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice ,prepared according to package directions
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the diced bell pepper and parsley, saute stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, scallion, and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes more, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Serve hot over cooked rice.