Impress your brunch guest with these easy to make Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle!
Welcome to the final day of the fourth annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are so excited to have you join us this year as we celebrate Brunch and prepare for Mother's Day. 37 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, breakfast breads, tarts, and quiche - there is something for everyone! Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win! You can find out more about the Sponsors by visiting my Cheesy Breakfast Nachos recipe from day one.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes
My husband likes apple pancakes, and I had been wanting cinnamon roll pancakes, so I put it to a vote on My Crazy Kitchen. Two of my real life friends both said "Why not cinnamon roll apple pancakes?" I wanted them to taste just like cinnamon rolls so I used Red Star Platinum Yeast in the flour mixture to make the pancakes nice and fluffy.
I've seen many recipes for cinnamon roll pancakes where the cinnamon is swirled into the batter, but every time I tried it that way A. I can't make a nice swirl, and 2. The cinnamon sugar would stick to the pan and I couldn't turn the pancakes without turning them into a mess. For these cinnamon roll apple pancakes, I decided it would be better to stir the cinnamon and brown sugar right into the batter, and I was right. These still taste like cinnamon rolls.
I used sweet Sage Fruits new variety of apple, called The Breeze™ for the apples. They aren't available for sale in the U.S. just yet, but they are being grown in Washington state, and will be ready next year.
Read on after the recipe to see all the other recipes shared today.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ ounce Red Star Platinum Yeast (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted; divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled sweet apples
- For the Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the milk to 110-120 degrees F. Whisk in the sugar and the yeast; let stand until foamy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add in the eggs, 4 tablespoons melted butter, and milk/yeast mixture. Stir until well combined. Cover and let sit for 1-1 ½ hours.
- Stir down, add in the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter, ground cinnamon, and brown sugar. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat and either spray with cooking spray or melt 1 tablespoonbutter in the pan in between each batch. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Working in batches, spoon about ¼ cup batter into circles on the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to dry, turn and cook for about 1 more minute. Remove to a heat-proof platter and place in the oven to keep warm.
- To prepare the cream cheese glaze: Melt the butter and the cream cheese in a small pan over low heat, stirring often. Add in the vanilla and the powdered sugar once completely melted, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Iced Caramel Coffee by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Chocolate Muffins by The Texan New Yorker
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Cranberry Orange Muffins by Books n' Cooks
- Oatmeal Walnut Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
- Orange Sweet Rolls by Making Miracles
- Raspberry Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Rosemary and Cornmeal Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Watermelon Noodle Salad by Forking Up
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Salmon with Citrus Yogurt Sauce by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cheddar French Toast with Crab Hollandaise by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Coffee Caramel Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp by Palatable Pastime
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
Sounds so good. And I bet those sweet Breeze apples are a wonderful fresh bite!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
How absolutely decadent!
That drizzle is killing me. I can't wait to try these