This Easy Beef Stroganoff made with ground beef and a traditional stroganoff sauce is a great weeknight dinner the kids and adults will love.
I prefer ground beef stroganoff over the traditional stroganoff using steak. It’s easier to make, and kids seem to like it better. Although, you might have to pick the mushrooms out for some picky kids, like my daughter. The stroganoff sauce is made with beef broth and sour cream thickened with flour, and seasoned with Worcestershire sauce or salt and pepper.
I use ground sirloin sauteed with chopped onions.
Add in mushrooms, minced garlic, and beef broth.
While the mixture is simmering, mix together sour cream and flour.
A few minutes before serving stir the sour cream mixture into the ground beef and let the stroganoff sauce thicken.
What can you serve Beef Stroganoff with?
I prefer to serve this Easy Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles, but it is also good with rice or potatoes.
Need more quick ground beef recipes? Try these:
Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups beef broth ( I use reduced sodium broth)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground sirloin in a deep pan over medium-high heat with the chopped onions.
- Drain the beef, add garlic, mushrooms, beef broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and sour cream together in a bowl until well combined.
- Stir sour cream into the beef mixture and simmer, uncovered, a few minutes more until thick and bubbly.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles, rice, or potatoes.