Sweet Italian sausage with layers of no-boil lasagna noodles, a mix of Italian cheeses, and your favorite store-bought sauce make this Easy Italian Sausage Lasagna perfect for dinner any night of the week.
I don't make baked lasagna often, maybe once or twice a year, but I love it. This is pretty much a classic lasagna recipe, only easier!
Lately, I've been all about making recipes as easy as possible. This homemade lasagna recipe is made with no-boil noodles, both store-bought sauce and Italian cheese blend, ricotta cheese, and Italian seasoning. It's about as easy a traditional lasagna as you can get.
Easy Italian Sausage Lasagna
One thing I learned about how to make lasagna with no-boil noodles is that you have to make sure every part is completely covered in sauce, especially important where the noodles overlap, so that the noodles are cooked all teh way evenly. All the no-boil lasagna noodles I have ever used are shorter in length than the kind you boil first, so there is a lot of overlapping. I recommend checking the noodles at around 35 minutes, and then adding the cheese to the top to finish baking.
This Easy Italian Sausage Lasagna takes about an hour and a half from start to finish, so you could even make it on a weeknight if you have a little extra time. If you are running short on time, some of my easier pasta recipes include Easy Beef Stroganoff , Chicken Parmesan with Thin Spaghetti , Bacon Provolone Penne Pasta Bake, Skillet Lasagna, Shrimp Scampi with Linguine, Baked Penne Pasta , plus several sauce recipes.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Easy Italian Sausage Lasagna
- 18 no-boil lasagna sheets (regular or whole wheat)
- 2 pounds mild Italian sausage
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces Italian cheese blend, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 48 ounces pasta sauce
- cooking spray
- Cook and crumble the sausage over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Drain; add the pasta sauce to the pan.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Put a thin layer of the Italian sausage sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Set aside two cups of the Italian cheese blend. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, remaining Italian cheese blend, eggs, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, and pepper; mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay 9 lasagna sheets down over the layer of sauce in the baking pan, overlapping as needed. Spread an even layer of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, then spread an even layer of the sauce. Repeat the noodles, cheese mixture, and sauce twice more.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Uncover and top with the remaining cheese. Place back in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes more, until the cheese is melted and the noodles are cook through. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.