Italian Panko Baked Haddock made with buttery, seasoned, crispy panko breadcrumbs, baked on a bed of spinach and served with rice. Ready to eat in 30 minutes!
Regular readers of this blog may remember that last week I was going to do a post on what I’ve learned in 5 years of food blogging. Obviously, that didn’t happen, so I decided instead to spread out what I’ve learned over several posts, starting with why I never posted last week.
Life really gets in the way of working from home, and causes great irony. A few weeks ago, we celebrated #EasterWeek here on RFMCK. The Wednesday before Easter my mother-in-law was admitted into the hospital after suffering a silent (not normal symptoms) heart attack. She’s home now, but will be having open heart surgery in Philadelphia in a few weeks. We cancelled Easter dinner (irony, after a week of Easter recipes). I probably could have worked last week but I couldn’t concentrate. I really should have expected something to happen, it always does. My daughter gets sick, the dogs cause me to lose hours of work time by stealing things and chewing on them until I grab them or taking them out repeatedly. Summer happens. I find it really hard to work in the summer when Amanda is home. No matter what it is, something gets in the way all the time in a way that wouldn’t happen if I worked outside of the home.
Italian Panko Baked Haddock
I love baked haddock with just melted butter and lemon juice, but this Italian Panko Baked Haddock is over the top good. Buttery, crispy breadcrumbs, yes! The topping would be good on any white fish, like flounder or tilapia. I decided to baked the haddock on a bed of baby spinach and served it with jasmine rice. Much healthier than fried fish! Amanda loved it, and so did my mother-in-law. It’s perfect for weeknights, since it only takes about 5 minutes to put together the panko topping, then it bakes for 20 minutes and dinner is done!
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
- 1 pound haddock fillets (about 4 pieces)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 5 ounces baby spinach, washed and patted dry (optional, but delicious)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Pat the haddock fillets dry with paper towels. Grease a glass baking pan with the 1 tablespoon butter, using a paper towel to rub the butter all over the pan. Place the spinach evenly in the pan, then top with the haddock fillets. Brush the tops of the fish with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour in the melted butter; stir well. Press the breadcrumb mixture onto the top of each haddock fillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the haddock flakes easily with a fork.