Do you need a quick and easy meal with almost no cleaning up to do? Then One Pot Turkey Cheeseburger Helper is for you! Made with lean ground turkey, sharp cheddar cheese, and your favorite egg noodles, you can have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less.
Everyone loves quick and easy meals, and not having to a ton of dishes, right? I sure do! I also love it when I can make something we all like. Amanda loves noodles and ground turkey, but I wasn’t so sure how she would handle the sauce. She usually only wants butter on her pasta. When she does eat something I’m not expecting her to I get that old Mikey Life cereal commercial in my head, “She likes it, she really likes it!” That’s exactly how it was with this dinner!
One Pot Turkey Cheeseburger Helper
It’s been awhile since I mentioned my “nieces”, one of my best friends kids. The younger one moved in with us this past week. She’s going to stay here while she’s in college and working part-time. Both her and her sister have PKU, which pretty much makes her a vegan, but with even more restrictions. I have been cooking for her since she was a baby, and as long as she stays here for awhile, I’m sure I’ll be sharing some vegan recipes. Trust me, I’m not moving to all vegan, she doesn’t even eat here all that often.
Alright, I’m rambling. The truth is I don’t know what else to say about this quick, easy, little clean-up One Pot Turkey Cheeseburger Helper besides it is delicious! It’s exactly like the boxed stuff, only healthier because it doesn’t have all the flavorings and preservatives. The sauce thickens as it sits, and it’s even better the next day. I didn’t add salt or pepper in the recipe, but I did add it at the table. I’ve been trying to keep salt out of my recipes unless absolutely necessary. If you want to add it while cooking, I would use 1/4 teaspoon.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 30 ounces milk
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion (recommended) or 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces shredded sharp white cheddar (I used Cabot's Seriously Sharp)
- 6 ounces egg noodles (about 3/4 of a package)
- Brown the ground turkey with the chopped onions (if using) in a deep saute pan or large pot over medium-high heat until cooked through. Add the tomato sauce, milk, onion powder (if not using chopped onions), garlic powder, and parsley flakes. Bring to a boil then add the egg noodles. Stir, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 11 minutes. Uncover and slowly stir in the cheese until completely melted. Turn off the heat and let sit to thicken the sauce.