This Italian Chicken Skillet is great for weeknight dinners in a hurry, simple, and so delicious the whole family will request it every week!
I received herbs from Gourmet Garden to facilitate this recipe, and be entered into a contest to win a year’s supply of herbs thanks to Eat, Write, Retreat. No other compensation was provided and all opinions are my own.
You should see my dried herb and spice cabinet, it’s a mess. I always have tons of them on hand, and I sometimes forget I already have them and buy more. These Gourmet Garden herbs are refrigerated, keep fresh for 4 weeks after opening, and are stack-able. The tops actually snap together, which I love!
20-Minute Italian Chicken Skillet
I used parsley, basil, and chives in this Italian Chicken Skillet recipe. Besides that, all you need is a can of tomatoes, a clove of garlic (always!) and some black pepper. Slice a few chicken breasts in half so they are thin, and it’s ready in about 20 minutes. It’s good over rice, or pasta, or even by itself.
Ready to get cooking?
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half width-wise (about 2 pounds chicken)*
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (I used no salt added)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden lightly dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden lightly dried chives
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden lightly dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken in a large skillet and top with the undrained diced tomatoes. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook, turning once, for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, chives, and basil, turn the chicken again and cook for 5 more minutes. Spoon some of the tomatoes on top of the chicken pieces, then sprinkle each breast with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.