This Cajun Shrimp Pasta is made with broiled Cajun seasoned shrimp and served with your favorite pasta and creamy tomato sauce.
This creamy tomato shrimp pasta can be so easy to make it could be a weeknight dinner, or make it a bit fancier with Homemade Vodka Sauce for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day.
How to make easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
The day before, defrost large raw shrimp in the refrigerator or in a plastic bag submerged in cold water. Peel the shells off and remove the tails. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until needed.
Cook your favorite pasta according to the package directions. I like pappardelle pasta, which is long, wide noodles. Keep warm while you prepare the shrimp.
Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
Toss with olive oil and your favorite Cajun seasoning. I prefer Weber N’Orleans Cajun Seasoning, but use whatever you like. You could even skip the Cajun part altogether and use another seasoning.
Broil the shrimp on high, stirring every three minutes, until fully cooked.
Serve immediately with the pasta, along with vodka sauce or any homemade or store-bought creamy tomato sauce.
Here are some more recipes that would be great for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion:
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (21-25 count)
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 24 ounces vodka sauce* *see notes (or any creamy tomato sauce)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Peel the shells from the shrimp and remove the tails. Pat dry with paper towels and place on a large broiler safe baking sheet in a single layer. Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and then the Cajun seasoning, covering all sides.
- Turn on the broiler to High, adjusting the shelf to the highest position.
- Heat the sauce in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Broil the shrimp for 3 minutes, turn, and continue to broil, stirring every 3 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with the pasta and sauce.