Crab and shrimp filled Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados make an extraordinary Sunday or special occasion brunch entree, or appetizer before a special meal.
Welcome to day two of the fourth annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are so excited to have you join us this year as we celebrate Brunch and prepare for Mother's Day. 37 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, breakfast breads, tarts, and quiche - there is something for everyone!
Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
I'm so happy I decided to make these Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados. First off, I love crab and shrimp recipes. Add that to the avocado, and the Cabot White Oak Cheddar I added to the seafood mixture, and this is one of the best seafood dishes I ever had!
The cheese did ooze out of the avocados a little bit during baking, but that can be fixed by hallowing out some of the avocado before stuffing if needed, and by making sure they are sitting flat in the baking dish.
These baked avocados can also be easily adapted to your liking, so for you baked seafood stuffed avocados might mean more crab meat, and less shrimp, or all shrimp/crab.
Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados
Read on after the recipe to see all the other great #BrunchWeek brunch food ideas shared today.
Looking for more recipes using avocados? Check these out
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados
- 4 avocados, sliced in half length-wise and pitted
- 8 ounces chopped cooked shrimp
- 3.25 ounces flaked fresh cooked crab
- 1 cup finely shredded Cabots White Oak Cheddar
- ½ cup finely diced vidalia onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped shrimp, crab, shredded cheddar, onions, parsley, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, and eggs; mix well.
- Spoon the mixture equally on top of each avocado half (you may have a little mixture remaining, depending on the size of your avocados). Place in a glass 9x13 baking dish without tilting the avocados, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Blueberry Mint Julep by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins by Feeding Big and more
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts by The Chef Next Door
- Braided Pepperoni Pizza Bread by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- French Toast with Apple Compote and Caramel Syrup by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Sticky Buns by The Barbee Housewife
- Same Day Mock Liege Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple and Caramelized Onion Tart by Tara's Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Breakfast Burger by Cooking In Stilettos
- Fiddlehead, Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Quiche by Palatable Pastime
- Poached Eggs on Asparagus Bundled with Prosciutto on Cheesy Polenta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Fried Chicken Biscuits and Gravy Sandwich by From Gate to Plate
- Kielbasa Welsh Rarebit by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pulled Pork Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sausage and Fried Apples by Making Miracles
- Brie and Raspberry Tarts by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Lemon Meringue Angel Food Cake by Love & Confections
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Sweet Beginnings
- Orange Cheesecake With Caramel Rum Sauce by Wholistic Woman
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED