This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. Breakfast Stuffed Avocados are filled with scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, crispy bacon, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. They make a healthy, filling brunch option.
Welcome to day 5 of #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. This year is even bigger and better than ever! Thirty-eight bloggers from around the country are showcasing their best brunch dishes. We have so many delicious recipes for you to enjoy throughout the week (over 150!!) including cocktails, appetizers, pastries, tarts, main courses, and plenty of desserts! Our BrunchWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity.
I love recipes with avocados and here’s why:
Are avocados low carb? Yes! They are a great low carb choice. A whole avocado contains only 17 grams (5%) of a days worth of carbohydrates.
They are packed full of nutrients. Folate, vitamin K, potassium, and many others.
They are heart healthy. When eaten in moderation, they can help reduce the risk of high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabetes.
They are simply delicious. As a matter of fact, my Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados from #BrunchWeek 2016 is one of my top viewed recipes daily!
Now, add in Eggland’s Best Eggs which are lower in fat and cholesterol, and higher in nutrients than regular eggs, and this egg stuffed avocado recipe is a delicious and nutritious way to start your day!
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados
Read on after the stuffed avocado breakfast recipe to see all the other great recipes shared today.
Looking for more brunch recipes featuring eggs? Here are some of my favorites:
AND…just two days ago, in case you missed it, Roasted Red Pepper Asparagus Egg Tarts.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados
- 3 ripe but not mushy avocados
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium-size russet potato, peeled and shredded (or one cup frozen hash browns)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes in a thin layer, season with salt and pepper. Cook until crispy on the bottom, drizzle in the other tablespoon of oil and turn the potatoes, season again with salt and pepper. Cook until crispy and browned. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Cook and scramble the eggs over medium-low heat until just barely set and a little runny.
- Cut the avocados in half length-wise and remove the pits. Using a spoon, scoop out a well in the center of each avocado. Place the avocado halves in a baking dish and fill with equal amounts of scrambled egg.
- Equally divide the cooked hash browns on top of the scrambled eggs, then top with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle all over with the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully cooked. Serve hot.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Voodoo Bloody Mary from Girl Carnivore
Antipasto Platter from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Brunch Gazpacho Shooters with Cheesy Everything Toast Dippers from The Crumby Kitchen
How to Create an Antipasto Platter from Love and Confections
Kale Salad with Apples, Carrots, Cheese and Capers from Shockingly Delicious
Spring Cobb Salad from The Barbee Housewife
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus, Mushroom and Cheese Egg Cups from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Asparagus, Sausage, and Onion Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Breakfast Stuffed Avocados from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Cheesy Ham and Asparagus Frittata from Cooking with Carlee
Ham & Cheese Hashbrown Frittata from It Bakes Me Happy
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Banana Blueberry Cinnamon Mini Muffins from Sweet Beginnings
Cheddar Sun-Dried Tomato Biscuits from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Coconut Doughnuts from Mildly Meandering
Grand Marnier French Toast from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Kolaches from The Spiffy Cookie
Shortcut Blueberry Cheesecake Cinnamon Rolls from Big Bear’s Wife
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast Salad from Caroline’s Cooking
Green Apple Smoothie from The PinterTest Kitchen
Herbed Asparagus Velouté from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Roasted Asparagus & Carrots from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Sweet Potato Hash with Pancetta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach from The Redhead Baker
Hazelnut Pudding Cake from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Pull Apart Cinnamon Coffeecake with Chocolate Glaze from Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Snack Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Raspberry Lime Parfaits from Eat Move Make
Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED