This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. Sweet, indulgent Espresso Coffee Cake, is easy to prepare with no mixer needed, topped with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping and a sweet glaze, and perfect for Mother's Day brunch.
Welcome to day 4 of #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. This year is even bigger and better than ever! Thirty-eight bloggers from around the country are showcasing their best brunch dishes. We have so many delicious recipes for you to enjoy throughout the week (over 150!!) including cocktails, appetizers, pastries, tarts, main courses, and plenty of desserts! Our BrunchWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity.
I never (at least not that I know of ) had a coffee cake made with coffee, but I thought the idea sounded great when I saw #BrunchWeek sponsor LorAnn Oils coffee emulsion. I have to admit this coffee flavored cake recipe isn't overly strong on the coffee flavor, or maybe I just like really strong coffee, but you can definitely taste the espresso infusion. This is also the best cinnamon coffee cake recipe I have ever made!
When mixed together, your batter will look like this:
I added the cinnamon sugar crumb topping 10 minutes before it was done baking, so that the sugar didn't burn but was nice and golden. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack completely before drizzling with the glaze.
Espresso Coffee Cake
More desserts perfect for brunch: Individual Fresh Strawberries and Cream Pies ,Whipped Nutella Dip with Strawberries, Blueberries N Cream Roll Cake, and Lemon Bars pair well with all your brunch recipes.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Espresso Coffee Cake
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons LorAnn Coffee Emulsion (substitute 2 tablespoons espresso powder)
For the Cinnamon Sugar Crumb Topping
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
For the Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a cake pan with butter, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, milk, and egg until well blended. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well until completely smooth, Stir in the coffee emulsion until well blended. Pour the batter into the greased cake pan, scraping with a rubber spatula to get it all out of the bowl.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. While the cake is baking, in a small bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter until the mixture is crumbly. Once the cake is mostly set, but still jiggly in the middle, sprinkle with the crumb topping. Place back in the oven and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, combine the powdered sugar and mix in a small bowl. Mix until completely combined. Drizzle over the cake in light layers with a spoon.
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Barley and Apple Salad with Kale Pesto from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus and Cheese Tart from Brunch-n-Bites
Muffin Tin Frittatas from Sweet Beginnings
Red Pepper, Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche from Family Around the Table
Shaksuka from Karen's Kitchen Stories
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Cooking with Carlee
French Toast Sticks from The Barbee Housewife
Khachapuri - Georgian Cheese Bread with Eggs from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes from For the Love of Food
Strawberry Streusel Crescent Muffins from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Tiramisu Pancakes from Tara's Multicultural Kitchen
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad from Eat Move Make
Asparagus Tart from Mildly Meandering
Creamy & Luscious Italian Asparagus from Girl Abroad
Roast Carrots with Pine Nuts & Feta from Books n' Cooks
Sweet Potato Avocado Toast from Forking Up
Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut and Blueberry Frosting from Love and Confections
Chocolate Rum Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Beet Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes
Espresso Coffee Cake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Peach Brown Butter Coffee Cake from The Redhead Baker
Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, LorAnn Oils and Flavors, Cento Fine Foods, Michigan Asparagus, Cal-Organic and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED