Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce is a restaurant quality main dish made easy with canned pumpkin puree and wonton wrappers. They taste like pumpkin pie filled pasta!
Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek, hosted by Terri from Love and Confections.
I almost always use pumpkin in savory recipes instead of sweet, like in my Pumpkin Soup, inspired by a version I had on my honeymoon cruise. That cruise was also the first time I had pumpkin ravioli. I've had several different versions since then.
Making this pumpkin ravioli recipe yourself isn't hard if you use wonton wrappers. Put a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of one wrapper, lightly brush the edges with beaten egg, and place another wrapper on top. Make sure it's even and press down to remove any air bubbles. I like to crimp the edges of the assembled ravioli with fork tines just to make sure they are sealed all around, but you have to be careful not to poke a hole in the dough.
The Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce is easy to make and pairs perfectly with the pumpkin ravioli. It would be great with other pastas, too.
Check out last years #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Read on after the Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce recipe to see all the other #PumpkinWeek Recipes being shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce
- For the ravioli:
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- For the sauce:
- 2 cups light cream
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons flour (depending on how thick you want the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large, wide pot with water, set on the stove to bring to a boil when needed. In a small mixing bowl combine the pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper, taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Beat the egg in another small bowl.
- Lay out 12 wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Place 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture in the center of each wonton, then brush the exposed dough lightly with the beaten egg. Place a wonton evenly over the top of a filled wonton; press down to seal and completely remove any air bubbles. If desired, crimp the edges of the ravioli with the tines of the back of a fork being careful not to prick the dough. Bring the water to boil over high heat while you prepare the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter or heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often for 1 minute. Add the flour and mix well. Turn the heat up to medium high and whisk in the light cream, grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, sage, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Salt the boiling water well. Carefully submerge the ravioli into the boiling water. Cook until the ravioli begin to float, about two to three minutes, remove to a large platter with a slotted spoon. Serve immediately topped with the sauce.
Here are today's #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Pumpkin Drink Recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule from Love and Confections.
Savory Pumpkin Recipes:
Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce from Hardly A Goddess.
Goat Cheese and Sage Pizza with Pumpkin Crust from The Spiffy Cookie.
Kaddo Bowrani (Afghan Pumpkin with Yoghurt Sauce) from Caroline's Cooking.
Pickled Pumpkin with Sage and Autumn Spices from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Beer Bread from Forking Up.
Pumpkin Beer Cheese Soup with Herbed Croutons from The Crumby Kitchen.
Pumpkin Chili from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.
Pumpkin Corn Chowder with Shrimp from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Pumpkin Focaccia Bread from Cookaholic Wife.
Pumpkin Rosemary Hummus with Sizzled Garlic from Amy's Cooking Adventures.
Pumpkin Stew with Chicken and Black Beans from Palatable Pastime.
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Brown Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from The Redhead Baker.
Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Bundt Cake from Cooking with Carlee.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake from Daily Dish Recipes.
Jumbo Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Pecan Streusel Topping from Family Around The Table.
Pumpkin Blondies from It Bakes Me Happy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door.
Pumpkin Madeleines from Mildly Meandering.
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Seduction in the Kitchen.
Pumpkin Pie Tassies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Scones from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Zucchini Streusel Bread from An Affair from the Heart.
Ridiculously Good Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cake from Bacon Fatte.
Denise Gessner says
I wanted to let you know I made the sage cream sauce today. I had some frozen squash ravioli I wanted to make and you cream sauce was the perfect top to them. Wow, it is so good and easy. Thanks for the recipe!
Great, I'm glad you liked it! I hope you will find more recipes you like here.
Rebekah @ Making Miracles says
Drool. No other words. That looks amazing.
Ha, I love your comment!
Michele @ Bacon Fatte says
This dish sounds so warm and wonderful! And I love the idea of using wonton wrappers for the ravioli. Can't wait to try it!
Let me know if you do, and I love your blog name!
Wendy Klik says
Pumpkin and sage are such great companions. I just love this recipe.
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
I cannot handle how creamy and delicious this looks. I want this for dinner ASAP!