A delicious change from traditional shrimp scampi, Red Shrimp Scampi is made with lots of garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and black pepper in butter sauce.
When my husband and I first lived together we lived across the street from a bar called Sucali's Tavern. They served great food. My favorite was "Shrimp Scampi Sucali" made with a garlic and tomato-butter sauce. I make it a little different than I remember it, using fresh diced tomatoes and tomato paste instead of a tomato sauce mixed with butter.
Red Shrimp Scampi
Instead of black pepper, try this Red Shrimp Scampi with McCormick's Steak Seasoning. We have shrimp with butter and steak seasoning in grilled foil packets at our friend's house often, and it is one of our favorite things! It makes the shrimp spicy, but it's so delicious even my picky daughter likes it.
If you want to avoid tomatoes, try traditional Shrimp Scampi with Linguine instead.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Red Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp , uncooked and thawed if frozen
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (or one teaspoon dried parsley)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (the juice of one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper (or more, if desired)
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Peel the shrimp and remove the tails.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat; add the lemon juice. Add the minced garlic, shrimp and parsley, followed by the salt (if desired) and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the are no longer translucent. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stir well.
- Serve hot with crusty bread for dipping in the sauce, or with rice or pasta.
Wow, so easy to make I think simple ingredients was the key to this Delicious dish, I made it over rice did not add paste because rice is very absorbant, cant wait to try it over Pasta.. Big Thumbs up to this recipe !!!!
Maria Delacruz says
Love this recipe! It’s easy and I love that you can adjust the recipe by serving size!
Kerry Correll says
I made this, but with one addition - I added about 1/2 c. heavy cream to the sauce at the end and it was divine.
Wonderful ingredients and recipe, a nice interactive serving setting to for nutritional information, really appreciate that and this recipe, thank you!
Thanks Sabrina, I love the adjustable serving size feature, too! It's new so I don't think a lot of people know it's available.
Klozet Kapağı says
Thanks for the recipe, I will try it out soon.