Creamy, Spicy Guacamole with Bacon, made with fresh avocado, sauteed onions, crumbled bacon, and jalapenos makes a perfect dip for chips or spread for topping your favorite sandwiches.
Okay, I'll admit I've been on a bacon kick recently. From 58 Recipes with Bacon to Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs, I've developed a bit of an obsession. Even the next recipe I'm going to post after this one has bacon in it. But, it's SO good!! So good in fact, that this happened tonight....I don't think I have ever made anything and just had to blog it immediately after eating it until now. Today is Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday in the Catholic Church. Many people know all about Fat Tuesday, and Mardi Gras, and the many different foods associated with it. Well, I'm home and wasn't really going to do anything special, just make tacos for dinner. Then I started thinking about what else I could do and knew I had an avocado in the fridge, but also knew my husband doesn't usually like guacamole. But, he loves bacon, and since eating this Spicy Guacamole with Bacon an hour ago must have told me 5 times "I told you years ago that bacon makes everything better, but you didn't want to listen to me!" Um, I don't know what he's talking about! I knew that decades ago!
Spicy Guacamole with Bacon
I only made a small amount of Spicy Guacamole with Bacon since it was just for my husband and myself, but the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled or even quadrupled for a crowd. Although I made it to eat with tortilla chips, it would be great as a sandwich or burger topping.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST,INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Spicy Guacamole with Bacon
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- ¼ cup purple onion diced fine
- ¾ tablespoon jalapeno diced fine (leave seeds out for less heat, add some for more)
- 1 tablespoon medium salsa
- a few drops each lemon and lime juice
- a couple dashes each of salt and pepper
- Over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until just beginning to crisp; add the onions and continue to fry. Remove the onions with a spoon if they start to brown before the bacon is crisp, drain on paper towels. Continue to fry the bacon until crispy; place on the paper towels with the onions. Cool and crumble the bacon.
- In a small bowl combine the avocado,diced jalapeno, salsa, lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the bacon and onion, cover tightly with plastic wrap pressed right on top of the guacamole and refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.
This post is linked to Home Cooking Memories Weekend Kitchen Link Party.