Switch up Taco Tuesday with these quick and easy Taco Burgers made with taco seasoning and topped with your favorite taco toppings.
Over the last year or so our daughter has gotten into Taco Tuesday, insisting we have to have it every week. I have the worst confession ever, coming from a taco lover like me. I am SICK TO DEATH of Taco Tuesday!! The only reason I'm sick of it is because she wants the tacos the exact same way every week. The only thing I can change without her complaining is which ground meat I use, beef, turkey, or chicken. Sometimes I can get away with Crock Pot Salsa Chicken (I really need to update that recipe with better photos!), but that's about it. Always, always crunchy taco shells. When I told her I wasn't making regular tacos last week but was making Taco Burgers instead, I thought her head was going to explode. Guess what I did? Crumbled up her burger and put it over tortilla chips with the toppings. Whatever, we both got our way!
You can pretty much use whatever toppings you like on these Taco Burgers. I topped mine with diced tomatoes, onions, minced jalapeno, mixed salad greens, cheddar cheese, and Spicy Guacamole with Bacon. Yummy! I have to say, I really love that guacamole! I just updated that post and photographs last week and I would love for you to check it out, try it, and let me know what you think.
I forgot about the tortilla chips, both to mention them and in one of these photos, see? These Taco Burgers are great topped with tortilla chips! Just make sure to top them right before eating so they are still crunchy.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, OR FACEBOOK, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
- 1 ⅓ pounds 85% lean ground turkey or ground beef or chicken
- 2 packets reduced sodium taco seasoning 1.25 ounces each
- Suggested toppings:
- cheddar or pepperjack cheese slices
- Tortilla chips
- diced tomatoes
- diced onions
- minced jalapeno
- guacamole or sliced avocado
- lettuce spinach, or kale
- In a mixing bowl combine the ground turkey and the taco seasoning; mix well. Shape into 4 or 5 equal size patties.
- Heat a grill pan or grill coated lightly with oil over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers without moving for 5 minutes, turn and cook for about 5 minutes more, topping with cheese if desired. Cook to 165 degrees. Serve on kaiser rolls with desired toppings.