This seasonal Pumpkin Glazed Bacon is fabulous in a variety of dishes, or on it’s own, and you only need 4 ingredients! It tastes like candied bacon, with a pumpkin kick!
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek, hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. I will be sharing another recipe on Friday, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! So…. I made Pumpkin Glazed Bacon, because I could! Seriously, no other reason other than I thought it sounded good, and it is! All you need is pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie puree), sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and of course the bacon.
Pumpkin Glazed Bacon
I have to be honest, we ate it for breakfast for dinner, twice, but I think it would be great crumbled on top of Pumpkin Soup or as an addition to Pumpkin Manicotti. You could even freeze it and then reheat it in a pan quickly, that way you can have it all year long. You’re going to want to, I do!
Read on after the recipe to see all the great #PumpkinWeek recipes shared today, and come back on Friday to see the cookies.
This seasonal Pumpkin Glazed Bacon is fabulous in a variety of dishes, or on it's own, and you only need 4 ingredients! It tastes like candied bacon, with a pumpkin kick!
7 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces smoked bacon
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminium foil.
- In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Taste and add more pumpkin pie spice if desired. Lay the bacon out on the baking pan without overlapping. Use a basting brush to evenly brush the tops of the bacon with the pumpkin puree mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bacon, and brush the tops with the remainder of the pumpkin puree mixture. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes, or to desired crispness. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Amish Pumpkin Roll from Palatable Pastime.
Double Pumpkin Gnocchi from Caroline’s Cooking.
Gigi’s Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Family Around The Table.
Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal in the slow cooker from Feeding Big.
Lisa’s Pumpkin Soup from Cooking With Carlee.
Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes from The Crumby Cupcake.
Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Brulee Tart from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Cookies with Butter Rum Icing from Grumpy’s Honeybunch.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Laksa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Pretzel Bites from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Spice Affogato from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Spice Granola from The Chef Next Door.
Spiced Pumpkin Cider from Gluten Free Crumbley