This post is sponsored in conjunction with PumpkinWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions, as always, are mine alone. Chocolate Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake, made with boxed triple chocolate cake mix and canned pumpkin puree, is an easy Fall dessert.
I probably should have called this a One Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Cake because that’s really what it is, but I wanted to highlight the cream cheese as well. Whatever you want to call it, this pumpkin, cream cheese, cake mix cake is really easy to make.
In a large mixing bowl combine boxed triple chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding in the mix and three #PumpkinWeek sponsor Eggland’s Best Eggs. Add one cup water and 1/cup of vegetable oil. Pour into a 9×13 glass baking pan that has been greased with butter. Scrap the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula.
In the same bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese and melted butter. It’s fine if there is still some cake mix in the bowl.
Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Here’s a really bad photo:
Mix it until it’s as smooth as possible, then drop by spoonfuls on top of the prepared cake mix.
Using a butter knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture into the cake mixture. Keep swirling, then swirl some more, if you don’t the pumpkin mixture will sink to the bottom and not combine with the cake. Trust me on this one, I know!
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Looking for more Fall desserts, or desserts perfect for the holidays? Here are just a few:
Read on after the printable recipe for Chocolate Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake to see all the other recipes shared today.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM MYSELF AND MY FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS? FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK,TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM, WHERE I SHARE NEW RECIPES DAILY. YOU CAN ALSO SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL TO GET NEWLY POSTED RECIPES FOR FREE!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake
- 1 box Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter ,melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- butter for greasing the cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 glass baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine triple chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding in the mix and the eggs. Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. Beat with a whisk until completely smooth, about two minutes.
- Pour into the baking pan. Scrap the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula.
- In the same bowl, combine room temperature cream cheese and melted butter.
- Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Mix it until it’s as smooth as possible, then drop by spoonfuls on top of the prepared cake mix.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture into the cake mixture. Keep swirling, then swirl some more, if you don’t the pumpkin mixture will sink to the bottom and not combine with the cake.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a raised rack before slicing. You can ice the cake if desired, or serve plain.
Here are today’s #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Black Futsu Pumpkin Pizza from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake from Hezzi-D’s books and Cooks
Ham & Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Rolls from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Mincemeat Pumpkin Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pumpkin Seafood Curry from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Cheddar Ale Soup from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Pumpkin Grilled Cheese Sticks from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Pepper Jack Macaroni and Cheese from Cooking with Carlee
Pumpkin Ravioli (Tortelli di Zucca) from Caroline’s Cooking
Pumpkin Sausage Penne Pasta from Jonesin’ For Taste
Baked Goods & Desserts:
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Pound Cake from Family Around the Table
Easy Healthy Pumpkin Muffins from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie from Eat Move Make
Pumpkin Bacon Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup from For the Love of Food
Pumpkin Caramel Scones from Cookaholic Wife
Pumpkin Chia Pudding from April Golightly
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from The Crumby Kitchen
Pumpkin Chocolate Donuts from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin French Toast from Seduction In The Kitchen
Pumpkin Fudge from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin White Chocolate Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Layer Cake from Love and Confections
Pumpkin Pie Dessert Dip from Hardly A Goddess
Pumpkin Pie Krispie Treats from The Mandatory Mooch
Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts from Platter Talk
Disclaimer: Thank you PumpkinWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, and Eggland’s Best for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED