This post is sponsored in conjunction with PumpkinWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the PumpkinWeek recipes. All opinions, as always, are mine alone. This Creamy Pumpkin Risotto recipe is made with arborio rice and finely diced onions simmered in white wine and chicken broth. Pumpkin puree and a touch of light cream added at the end of cooking make this a perfect Fall main course or appetizer.
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek 2018 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures! This year is even bigger and better than ever with a giveaway! Thirty nine bloggers from around the country are showcasing their best pumpkin dishes. Get ready for Fall with over 130 pumpkin recipes throughout the week including cocktails, main courses, pizzas, pastas, pastries, breads, muffins, and plenty of desserts! Our PumpkinWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
Prize #1 Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a 6-Quart Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South's choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. For generations, Dixie Crystals has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations. Our pure cane, non-GMO sugar products guarantee that treasured family recipes will turn out right every time. Bake with love and Dixie Crystals.
Prize #2 Cabot Creamery Co-operative is giving one winner a Cheese Gift Box, including a selection of Seriously Sharp, Pepper Jack, Sharp Light, Extra Sharp, Horseradish, Private Stock, Vintage Choice, and Sharp cheeses, VT Sharp Cracker Cuts, Burlap & Plaid Bag, Thick & Thin Slicer, and Wooden Cutting Board
Cabot Creamery Co-operative, makers of naturally aged, award-winning cheeses and dairy products is owned by 1,000 dairy farm families in New England and New York.
Eggland’s Best eggs have more of the delicious, farm fresh taste you and your family love – anyway you cook them. Plus, Eggland’s Best provides superior nutrition such as 6x more vitamin D, 10x more vitamin E, and double the omega 3s compared to ordinary eggs so why settle for less?
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup arborio rice (uncooked)
- ½ cup white wine (optional, but may need to replace with more chicken broth)
- 3 cups chicken broth (I used a roasted chicken broth)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese (or Parmig1ano Reggiano)
- ¼ cup light cream
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Put butter and olive oil in a high rimmed pan or pot over medium heat. When the butter melts,add chopped onions to the melted butter and saute for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in another medium pot. You want to have the broth hot, but not boiling or even simmering.
- Add the arborio rice to the sauteed onions and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
- Add white wine, and cook, stirring continuously, until the wine is fully absorbed into the rice. Substitute additional chicken broth if desired.
- Add white wine, and cook, stirring continuously, until the wine is fully absorbed into the rice. You can skip this part if you want to and use chicken broth only.
- Add the chicken broth, one soup ladle at a time. Let each ladle full of broth fully absorb into the rice before adding more. You will need to stir the rice often, almost continuously, at this point. You want the broth absorbing into the rice lightly simmering, not at a full boil, in order to give the rice time to fully cook, so adjust the heat as needed. When you are down to the last ladle or two of broth, taste the rice before you add more. The rice is done when it is al dente (fully cooked, but firm to the bite).
- Stir in pumpkin puree, grated Romano cheese (or Parmigiano-Reggiano), and light cream. Cook for just a minute or two more, stirring continuously, until the cream is fully absorbed and the pumpkin clings to the rice.
- Serve this Creamy Pumpkin Risotto immediately. Leftovers can be covered and refrigerated, but the risotto may not be as creamy reheated.
Here are today's #PumpkinWeek recipes:
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Cold Brew Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte from The Nifty Foodie
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Cider from The Crumby Kitchen
The Great Pumpkin Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce from House of Nash Eats
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Harvest Pumpkin Soup from Everyday Eileen
Pumpkin & Sausage Pizza from Hardly A Goddess
Pumpkin Carbonara from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Chili from The Chef Next Door
Savory Pumpkin Gnocchi from Platter Talk
Pumpkin Quiche from Jonesin' For Taste
Stuffed Pumpkin from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Taiwanese Pumpkin Rice Noodles from Caroline's Cooking
Baked Goods & Desserts:
Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from Who Needs A Cape?
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Skillet Cookie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Dump Cake from For the Love of Food
Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Classic Pumpkin Roll from Cookaholic Wife
Glazed Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones from Family Around the Table
Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes from Tip Garden
Make-Ahead Pumpkin-Chai Egg Bites from Wholistic Woman
No Bake Pumpkin Cookies from Seduction In The Kitchen
Pumpkin Cake Pops from The Beard and The Baker
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ebelskiver from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Amy's Cooking Adventures
Pumpkin Cookie Bars from Eat Move Make
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie from 4 Sons 'R' Us
Pumpkin Noodle Kugel from The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups from It Bakes Me Happy
Pumpkin Pie Pull Apart Muffins from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from The Mandatory Mooch
Pumpkin Spice Latte Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes from April Golightly
Pumpkin Spice Popovers from Grumpy's Honeybunch
Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Angel Food Cake from Love and Confections
Simple Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cooking with Carlee