Soothe your soul with this savory Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe. It consists of chicken, veggies, and a tasty broth that will keep you coming back for more.
As a kid, I used to always love the personal chicken pot pies that you can buy in the store. But, as I got older, I realized those processed box meals were not really that good for me. However, I can still soothe my soul with this delicious chicken pot pie soup recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it's packed full of protein, vitamins, and nutrients.
What Is Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
This Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe is an alternative version of a traditional pot pie, but in the form of a fresh bowl of soup. It is creamy, savory, and naturally good for you. It is the perfect source of protein, nutrients, and vitamins because of the ingredients used to make it.
If you want to make the tasty Chicken Pot Pie Soup, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- Flour. Use flour in this recipe to thicken the broth for a comforting soup that is the perfect consistency.
- Carrots. Add shredded carrots into the mix for flavor and nutritional value.
- Chicken Broth. The chicken broth is what you will use as the base for the soup, mixing with the flour to create a thicker texture.
- Celery. Dice your celery into small pieces before tossing it in with your other ingredients.
- Chicken. Cook your chicken in advance and then shred it down into smaller pieces.
- Potatoes. Dice your potatoes into small pieces. You can peel them or leave the skin on.
- Corn. Use a can of any brand of corn to add to your broth with the other ingredients.
- Peas. Add a can of peas into the mix with the canned corn.
- Garlic Powder. Season your soup with garlic powder to add even more flavor to it.
- Heavy Cream. The heavy cream adds flavor to the soup. If you do not have it, you can use milk as an alternative ingredient.
Additional ingredients to use when making this soup include onion powder, butter, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Pot Pie Soup
Make this delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Make Your Roux
Create a roux by adding butter and flour to a heavy bottomed pan. Melt the butter over medium heat, first. Then, slowly add in the flour until it's creamy.
Step 2: Add in Your Veggies
Next, add your carrots and celery to the pan with the roux. Cook the veggies for five minutes or until they become soft.
Step 3: Whisk in the Chicken Broth
Start adding your chicken broth into the pan with the roux and veggies. Use a whisk to mix it in, thoroughly.
Step 4: Cook Potatoes
Then, add your potatoes into the pot. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender. This will take up to seven minutes to get the potatoes soft.
Step 5: Add Other Ingredients
When your potatoes are soft, add in your shredded chicken, corn peas, and spices. Stir these ingredients together and then simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
Step 6: Add Milk
Once you have let your soup simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, add milk to make the soup creamy and delicious.
Step 7: Serve
After the milk has been warmed thoroughly, remove your pot from the heat. Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
After preparing the soup, you may want to enjoy it with some of the following tasty sides that will go great with it.
You may also want to eat your soup with a side of sourdough bread, saltines, or garlic bread.
How to Store Leftovers
Store your leftovers in a large food storage container with an airtight lid. Place your soup in the fridge to keep it fresh for up to five days.
Can I Freeze The Soup?
You can. Put it in a food container with an airtight lid and then place it in your freezer for up to six months. Or, to save space, you can let the soup cool and pour it into freezer bags. Lay flat to store.
Other Chicken Recipes to Try
When looking for tasty chicken meals to try besides this one, check out some of the following delicious chicken recipes:
Sharing is caring! Please pin this post to Pinterest for others to whip up on a cold winter's day!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup celery diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup potatoes diced
- 1 can corn
- 1 can peas
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk or heavy cream
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, add the butter. Melt the butter over medium heat. Then, slowly add in the flour until it's creamy.
- Add in the carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Whisk in the chicken broth slowly.
- Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slighly and cook until fork tender, about 7 minutes after boiling.
- Add in the chicken, corn, peas and spices. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pour in the milk and allow to warm through.
- Remove from heat and serve.