Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
I’m very excited about this week. If you’ve been following along for a while you know I rarely post dessert recipes. This is simply because I rarely make any. My 4 year old daughter eats enough sweets at her grandmother’s house, and my husband and myself don’t eat them often. It also has something to do with baking, and how it’s much more exact than cooking, and I would just never think of a baking recipe on my own without using another recipe as a guide. And that’s ok, because there are tons of great recipes out there!
I did want to start with something I know how to make without following someone else’s recipe though, so I went with fudge! I love fudge, and learned to make it years ago when I got tired of waiting for the one or two times a year my grandmother would go on a day trip to Atlantic City and bring some home for me. I have no idea why we only got fudge from Atlantic City, did no one around here sell it?
I’m going to share two fudge recipes with you all this week, starting with this Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge! Just look at it, you know you want to shove it all in your mouth right now!!!! I mean, take little nibbles, that would be much more socially acceptable, right?
It looks fabulous, doesn’t it? So I’m going to give you the recipe first, then the giveaway info (you’ll definitely want to check that out!) and finally let you see all the other recipes everyone made!!
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- butter, for greasing pan
- Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Once butter is melted stir in the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, salt and hazelnut extract.
- Stir constantly until chips are completely melted and mixture begins to bubble. Turn off heat and stir in the dried cherries.
- Grease a small square glass baking dish with butter, and immediately pour in the melted chocolate mixture. Allow to cool slightly, then place in the refrigerator, uncovered, until hardened. Remove from refrigerator ½ hour before slicing into squares.
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter